QUOTES OF THE DAY

" All it takes is Faith and Trust " ~ Peter Pan

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter brunch at Potato Head





Many years ago, mum and dad used to take me, Eve, and our little brother Steve for a brunch and Easter eggs-hunting every Easter, until we have all grown up and each had our own activities that we no longer made an effort to celebrate Easter together. This year however, I was determined to celebrate Easter the traditional way. Not with Easter-egg hunting since we were now way too old for that, but a proper brunch.

Since all of the family members are in Perth, I wanted to celebrate it with my second family- my dear friends. So one week before Easter, I started to gather some friends for a casual brunch on that special Sunday. Originally I wanted to do it in Social House at Grand Indonesia since the restaurant has good brunch menu selections; however a friend of mine somehow has managed to persuade me to change direction to Potato Head instead.

Situated in a strategic area of SCBD, Potato Head has a very nice outdoor ambiance, and sitting there on a Sunday afternoon made me forget that I was actually in Jakarta. The busy street was hidden behind the trees and plants that surrounded the restaurant, and the whole atmosphere was just relaxing. However after fifteen minutes, most of my friends started to complain about the heat (it was indeed a humid day), so sadly we had to move inside.

Potato Head doesn’t offer too many choices for brunch but my egg benedict came perfect. The eggs were perfectly poached, and came with sautéed spinach and toasted English muffin. The waiter was attentive, however didn’t really pay attention to detail. I specifically requested the hollandaise sauce to be put aside, yet when it came I was so disappointed to see it smothered in sauce, which means another half an hour waiting for the “correct” food to arrive.

Other than that, we had a nice time. The sticky date pudding- as usual- is divine, and being surrounded by people that you love, I think is the perfect way to spend your Easter…

xoxo
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment