QUOTES OF THE DAY

" All it takes is Faith and Trust " ~ Peter Pan

Monday, April 5, 2010

Something blue...




Last week my favourite couple (Mr & Mrs A) and I organized a supposed-to-be-surprised baby shower for our dear friend C. Although it is no longer a surprise ever since the mummy-to-be accidentally found out our plan, we still want to make a celebration. Hence we decided to invite our closest friends to have lunch at Pastis, one of Jakarta’s great dining place at Kuningan Suites.

I always love Pastis’ clean, all-white interior. The combination of wooden tables, white chairs, open kitchen, and French doors emphasize the restaurant’s colonial look, which is very inspiring.

After last minute of frantically decorating our table with everything blue, Mr & Mrs A plus myself finally settled with our drinks and scanned the menu while waiting for others to come. The menu is quite impressive, with a great deal of choice from Western and Asian food. The last time I came here, I had the spinach ravioli with sage butter which was very delicious so I was expecting the same quality this time.

At about a quarter past one, as our stomach began to grumble, our guests (plus the mummy-to-be) finally arrived and we waited no time to order the food. My ravioli came fast, but the waiter seems to forget that I specifically mentioned “no parmesan”, as I can’t stand the smell of any cheese (well, maybe except ricotta cheese). As a result, I had to send it back to the kitchen, and even after that, I could still taste the parmesan a little, which was quite disturbing, knowing that the kitchen didn’t make a new one, but merely just “brush-off” the cheese.

C had the gnocchi, which was very tasty, but somehow took one hour to appear in our table, which again, the waiter “forgot” to mention. Other than those incidents, the food is generally nice, but service definitely needs improvement.

We stayed until four in the afternoon, with conversations around babies, nannies, and diapers =D, not my area of expertise, but I enjoyed organizing the event and can’t wait to organize another baby shower in June for Mrs A who is also expecting a baby boy.. :)

Xoxo
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment