QUOTES OF THE DAY

" All it takes is Faith and Trust " ~ Peter Pan

Friday, February 19, 2010

Hail Mary, full of Greece



When I think of Greece, I think about white buildings against the deep blue ocean in the island of Santorini, the many great mythologies that I read when I was little, and of course, Greek food- delicious souvlaka, and fresh seafood platters.

After craving for Greek food for so long, I found this little gem called “George’s Meze” over the internet, and decided to come there for a catch-up dinner with two of my close friends from university, Mey and Mel.

The restaurant is somehow hidden behind the main street of Subiaco, and although it looks small on the outside, it is actually quite spacious inside, and the place has tables positioned throughout the garden with water fountain that is perfect on a hot summer night. Overall, nice ambiance…

We were overwhelmed by the numerous selections in the menu, making it difficult to decide what to have. At the end, Mel ordered a Greek spiced chicken dish, as Mey went for a more traditional dish of lamb souvlaka, and I settled with mussels pilaf.

The foods arrived and they were unbelievable. This got to be the most delicious mussels pilaf that I have ever taste. The mussels were seasoned and cooked perfectly, and the pilaf was just amazing. I took a bite at Mey’s lamb souvlaka (and I am not usually a fan of lamb dish), and it was tender and juicy. Mel’s spiced chicken was doing well too. The chicken was panned-fried with honey-glazed butternut pumpkin, Spanish onion, baby spinach, and fresh chilli- heavenly.

In short, we were impressed, and I am already planning a second visit to George’s Meze. The place has officially became my favourite dining-out place in Perth, and next time, I make sure I bring more people, then I will have an excuse to order that extra moussaka…

xoxo
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment