QUOTES OF THE DAY

" All it takes is Faith and Trust " ~ Peter Pan

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Law of Stilettos

Shoes possess magic powers. At least according to UK journalist and shoes obsessive Paola Jacobbi, and I couldn’t agree more. Ever since Carrie Bradshaw and Sex and the City introduced me to the world of shoes, my life (and height) has literally changed. I started off with 4 cm heels, which soon towered to 7, and now I won’t settle for anything less than 12. It is an addiction, and the higher the heels, the more challenged I feel. I love the fact that it makes me appear taller and as clichĂ© as it may sound, it does lift my mood, especially on Monday morning.

Whenever I passed a shoe store, it is always a constant fight not to look, but most of the time I ended up checking it out anyway, which could dangerously leads to unexpected buys. The other day my mum was rummaging through my collections and she found three almost-identical grey shoes. Sure she was not happy, but in my defense, the shoes are different models- one pair of pumps, one pair of peep-toes, and the other one is open-toes. Yes they are identical in colour, but still, they are totally different, and what can I say, I need them all.

For shoe-lover like myself, Australia is like heaven on earth, with wide selections of Australian designers such as Mollini, Zoe Wittner, and Robert Robert, showing off their latest collections on window displays, teasing every shoe-addicts that walk past. To my disappointment, I couldn’t find any Zoe Wittner or Mollini shoes anywhere in Jakarta, but luckily they still have Nine West and Steve Madden to cater my shoe-craves that kicks in once in a while.

My devotion to high heels often raise questions, especially from my colleagues at work who never see me in slippers walking around the office. The truth is, it is my belief that once you have mastered the art of running in high heels, you can rule the world

xoxo
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment