QUOTES OF THE DAY

" All it takes is Faith and Trust " ~ Peter Pan

Monday, January 25, 2010

Balthazar, Made to Perfection




Hidden in the busy street of The Esplanade is Balthazar, a small yet sophisticated restaurant. The building is so classic and concealed that although I drive past the street nearly every day on the way to work, I never notice its existence. After reading some mixed reviews online, I decided to give it a try. So on one hot and sticky summer night, me and two of my close friends (Let’s call them Miss A and Madame E) organized a ladies night out to Balthazar.

When I entered the building, I was transported to a different world that oozes old glamour. Gone were the hectic rush hour traffic and noisy roadwork outside. With soft lighting and soothing music, the interior is a mixed of modern and classic touch, just an ambiance that I needed after a stressful day at work.

We shared Balthazar’s special tasting plate for a starter, and for main, I ordered their duck dish, which was define. It was tender, soft, and just melted in your mouth. As the night grew late, the air got more intimate. People leaned towards each other more, laughed their heads off, and talked animatedly to their spouses, friends, and colleagues.

We finished the night with delicious desserts that contain my favourite crème brulee, and ever-so-perfect chocolate and cherry tart. It was a bliss. The chocolate and cherry tart even managed to inspire Miss A to do a DIY version of it the following week.

Overall, it was a night to remember. Sure we can’t do these fine-dining outings every week (or else it will have to start interfere with my shopping budget which I am not ready to give up just yet), but I wouldn’t mind coming here again for my birthday, and my mum’s birthday, and my sister’s birthday the following year.

xoxo
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment